As the St. Louis region works collectively to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Audubon Center at Riverlands is closed until further notice.
The Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary, trails and outdoor amenities will remain open. If you are not sick or in quarantine please take some time to go outside, get some fresh air and see some birds—it is the beginning of migration season after all. If you are going with a group, please remember to bring hand sanitizer, practice safe social distancing of 6-10 ft and do NOT share binoculars or spotting scopes.
To aid in preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our communities, we ask that you stay at home when sick, exercise frequent hand washing, cover coughs and sneezes wherever you are and practice safe social distancing.
Phone & Address
- 301 Riverlands Way, West Alton, MO 63386
- Open seven days a week from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. with the following exceptions:
Closed on Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, New Years Eve Day and New Years Day.
- The Center may be closed for weather, flooding, or other events. Please call or check our Facebook page for updates.
- Free! The Center is self-supporting, so donations are always appreciated!
- The Center and wrap-around deck are handicapped accessible.
- Bus parking is available.
- The Center is located inside the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary
301 Riverlands Way, West Alton, MO 63386
- From Clayton: I-170 N to I-270 E. From I-270 E, Exit
MO-367 N toward Alton, IL. MO-367 N becomes US-67 N.
Before the Clark bridge and Mississippi River you will see
signs for Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. Turn right at
the Sanctuary and proceed.8 miles to the Audubon Center
with the large glass bay windows on the left.
- From downtown St. Louis: I-70 W to the McKinley bridge
exit, crossing into Illinois. Take a slight left onto IL-3 N and
follow to IL-143 W. Left onto IL-143 W to Alton and the
Clark Bridge. Left on US-67 S over the Clark bridge, crossing
into Missouri. Turn left just past the bridge at the signs for
the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. Proceed .8 miles to
the Audubon Center.
- From Illinois: IL-3 N towards Alton, IL. Take a slight left
onto IL-143 W to Alton. Left on US-67 S over the Clark
bridge, crossing into Missouri. Turn left just past the bridge
at the signs for the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary.
- For a printable map and directions, see the bottom of the page.