Join the Audubon Center at Riverlands for this year's Bows for Birds Challenge, a St. Louis region-wide bird-themed scavenger hunt! Follow the instructions below to earn a chance to win cool prizes, increase your bird knowledge, and embrace the great outdoors this winter.
How to Participate:
1. Between December 12th & February 6th, visit 12 participating St. Louis region parks and natural areas. Follow the directions on the maps below to discover a Bows for Birds station at each location.
2. Follow the clues at the Bows for Birds station to find a wooden mystery bird nearby.
3. Take a selfie with the mystery bird you find! Share it on Facebook or Instagram by tagging #BowsforBirds or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6th. Remember, your post must be set to "public" in order for us to see your hashtag.
4. For each photo submission, you will be entered into a raffle for prizes! Correctly identify the mystery bird at the station & earn an additional entry into the raffle!
Raffle Prizes include:
Raffle winners will be announced during our virtual Great Backyard Bird Count training on Facebook Live from 4:00-5:00pm on Wednesday, February 10th. Winners will also be contacted throug their social media accounts or email addresses by which their photo submissions are submitted.
Grand Prize: (Visit 7 or more sites to be entered into the grand prize drawing)
- Vortex basket including viper hd 10x42 binocular ($650 Value)
- 2 tix to big Muddy Adventures 2021 Riverfront Adventure trip,
- 2 Homeplate tix for the St. Louis Cardinals 2021 season
- Wild Birds Unlimited Advanced Pole System Basic Setup
- Missouri Botanical Garden Membership
- Audubon Center at Riverlands bird lover's Kit
- Two riverfront cruise vouchers for 2021
- $40 gift certificate to Forest Park Boathouse Paddle Co.
- 2 Arch tram tickets for 2021
- Gift certificates to the Bike Stop Cafe
- Parks swag
- & More!
We are incredibly grateful to the many organizations and donors who have provided prize donations!
We would like to extend a special thanks to Jim and Sherry Droste, who provided technical guidance and donated their time and incredible craftmanship to this project. Thank you!
Find clues & maps below:
(Downloadable PDF at the bottom of this page.)