The Audubon Center at Riverlands, Left Bank Books, and the US Army Corps of Engineers have teamed up to present visitors with a rotating trailside storybook experience. Storybook Walks are enjoyed by visitors of all ages but are especially geared toward children and families. Each month we will feature a new book with topics covering a range of outdoor themes, including birds (of course), migration, nature hikes, flora and fauna exploration, and more. The Storybook Walk begins just behind the Audubon Center at Riverlands off the back deck of the building and follows our paved trails along Ellis Bay.
We hope you enjoy the Riverlands Storybook Walk and take the opportunity to nurture your connection to nature, enjoy a leisurely walk around our trails, and support literacy and scientific learning.
2020-2021 Storybook Schedule
(Books will be changed over on the 2nd Wednesday of each month)
- September: Monarch & Milkweed by Helen Frost
- October: How to Find a Birdby Jennifer Ward
- November: The Hike by Allison Farrell
- December : Hawk Rising by Maria Gianferrari
- January: Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
- February: Tracks in the Snow by Stépanie Girel
- March: Just Ducks by Nichola Davies
- April: Over in a River: Flowing Out to Sea by Marianne Berkes
- May: Have You Heard the Nesting Bird? by Rita Gray
- June: Over and Under the Pond by Kate Messner
- July: An Extraordinary Ordinary Moth by Karlin Gray
- August: Some Bugs by Angela DiTerlizzi
You can order your own copy of these nature-themed books and support local, independent bookstore, Left Bank Books, at the hyperlinks above!