Phone & Address
- 301 Riverlands Way, West Alton, MO 63386
- Open seven days a week from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. with the following exceptions:
NEW: Closed on Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, New Years Eve Day and New Years Day.
- Free! The Center is completely self-supporting, so donations are always appreciated!
- The Center and wrap-around deck are handicapped accessible.
- Bus parking is available.
- The Center is located inside the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary
301 Riverlands Way, West Alton, MO 63386
- From Clayton: I-170 N to I-270 E. From I-270 E, Exit
MO-376 N toward Alton, IL. MO-367 N becomes US-67 N.
Before the Clark bridge and Mississippi River you will see
signs for Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. Turn right at
the Sanctuary and proceed.8 miles to the Audubon Center
with the large glass bay windows on the left.
- From downtown St. Louis: I-70 W to the McKinley bridge
exit, crossing into Illinois. Take a slight left onto IL-3 N and
follow to IL-143 W. Left onto IL-143 W to Alton and the
Clark Bridge. Left on US-67 S over the Clark bridge, crossing
into Missouri. Turn left just past the bridge at the signs for
the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. Proceed .8 miles to
the Audubon Center.
- From Illinois: IL-3 N towards Alton, IL. Take a slight left
onto IL-143 W to Alton. Left on US-67 S over the Clark
bridge, crossing into Missouri. Turn left just past the bridge
at the signs for the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary.
- For a printable map and directions, see the bottom of the page.
Group Tours and Rates: Book a group tour today!
- The Center offers several types of group tours; including
- Eagle Watching Tour
- Trumpeter Swan Tour
- American White Pelican Tour
- Migration Tour and Talk
- Tours Details
- Each tour is approximately 1.5 hours long
- An educator/naturalist will accompany your group on YOUR tour bus with a drive through the sanctuary and narrate the tour of Riverlands
- 30 minute presentation and movie screening (12 minute movie)
- Personalized guidance in Center; includes guidance with birding and use of telescopes
- Tour Fees
- Minimum fee: $100 per group of 20 or less
Groups of 20 or more: an additional $5/person
- For more information, or to schedule a school program or group tour, call Julie Watson, Educational Environment Educator, at 636-899-0090 or email email@example.com. A full description of each tour is listed on the downloadable Group Tours flyer below.