This event celebrates the magnificent beauty and conservation story of the Trumpeter Swan. Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary is home to one of the largest populations of overwintering Trumpeter Swans. This is a chance to view these birds, learn more about them through experts in the field, hear about what Audubon and the US Army Corps of Engineers have done to support this magnificent species, and participate in fun and engaging educational activities.
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Guided swan viewing with spotting scopes
- 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM Family- friendly activities and crafts in the center plus photobooth
- 10:30 AM - 11:15 AMSwans of Riverlands presentation by expert birder and Trumpeter Swan Watch Coordinator Pat Lueders
- 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM Swans of Riverlands Presentation (round two)
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Guided swan viewing with spotting scopes